Newscast for January 26th 2012
Fully formatted shownotes can always be found at http://javaposse.com
Join us for the Java Posse Roundup in Crested Butte, CO. March 26th to 30th.
- Canonical, Linux and Java
- Hell froze over, and Dick got a tablet (the Asus Transformer)
- A JavaFX 2.0 preview is now available for Linux.
- JSON has its own JSR now. JSR 353.
- The Scala IDE project for Eclipse has now published a roadmap.
- Scala 2.10.0 M1 has been released.
- Android developer guidelines from Google.
- Oracle vs Google trial on indefinite hold until Oracle comes up with a credible methodology for figuring damages.
- Google has added a further 217 patents to its warchest acquired from IBM.
Clojure with a J
- Clojure West conference coming to San Jose, March 16th and 17th.
- If you’re looking for a Clojure podcast, check out ThinkRelevance, the podcast.
- Libsyn.com - http://www.libsyn.com - for hosting and bandwidth
- Feedburner.com - http://www.feedburner.com - for feed redirect
- Kirsty Doherty, Amy Ehmann for Java Posse artwork
- Theme Music:
- Opening - "Java" the parody song Copyright 1997 Broken Records and Marjorie Music Publ. (BMI), written and performed by Loose Bruce Kerr of the Dr. Demento Show and Sun Microsystems attorney. Based on the WWI popular song, "Ja-da." Ukelele style on the recording taught to Bruce by his dad. Re-produced with kind permission from "Loose" Bruce Kerr - http://loosebrucekerr.libsyn.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAX0gJt-aZg
- Closing - Juan Carlos Jimenez - In the House (Intro No. 1)
- To contact us:
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall